Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Allergy Relief..from a natural remedy lense

Seems like many of you are experiencing some discomfort these days from allergies. Normally, I am in this boat with you but not this year thankfully.  I wanted to share my favorite treatments for allergies that have eased my discomfort in years past.

 I want to state that this is just my opinion based on my experience and that I am not a medical professional..

1. Homeopathy: I use Sabadil when I think symptoms are starting (itchy eyes, sneezing, itchy throat, runny nose). For me within a day I see a reduction in symptoms. You can purchase this at New Seasons or Whole Foods. If you are not familiar with homeopathy and how it works check out this link from the manufacturer of Sabadil.
2. Essential oils: You can purchase some already blended versions from doTerra (Breathe) and Snow Lotus (Sinus Clear) that I have used and enjoyed. I have started making my own blend using the oils that have helped me as well as some help from my intuition. I do sell my blend in small sizes. Message me if you are interested. You can apply the oil blends to your feet, your sinus area, or you can diffuse the oil.  Essential oils need to be applied frequently to reduce and eliminate symptoms.
3. Acupuncture- For me this type of therapy works for about everything! If you need a recommendation I would be glad to give you some. Otherwise, NCNM clinic has group acupuncture and clinic hours where students treat you for reduced costs.
4. Western herbs: Quercetin and Stinging Nettles which you can again buy in capsules at New Seasons or Whole Foods. You must keep taking these herbs and from my experience they work best when taken for prolong periods before allergies start.
5. Use the neti pot to remove allergens from the nasal area and lubricate the nasal cavity with neem oil or ghee. This is an ayurvedic remedy.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment