Sunday, June 3, 2012

Coconut Kale

Coconut Kale

My friends recently emailed me an amazing kale salad recipe but what would you know....I was lacking several of the key ingredients. Determined to have kale for dinner, I went through the cabinets and came up with my own version and it turned out absolutely delicious! Yet another way to enjoy the divine dark leafy green,,,enjoy!
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil*
2 T Amino Acids*
1 bunch Dino kale, washed and chopped into inch size pieces*
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup raw pine nuts
sea salt to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix olive oil and amino acids into a bowl. Toss kale and coconut with the oil and amino acids mix until well coated. Spread evenly onto a cookie sheet and dust with a light sprinkle of sea salt. Bake for 10-12 minutes stirring occasionally. Add pine nuts and watch closely as they burn fast. Bake for another 2-3 minutes or until you can smell the pine nuts. Remove from oven and serve.
*I love using Luicini for olive oil and Bragg’s for Amino Acids. Also, some people like to de-vein their kale first, but I dig the extra crunch. Try both ways and see what suits you.

No comments:

Post a Comment